Saturday, May 22, 2010

You LIttle Sew and Sew

Recently my daughter discovered a gift card she had overlooked in the mayhem that was her birthday sleep-over. The gift-card was to a store in our local mall geared toward tweens. Last night we decided to check it out. There was everything a fashion diva like Miss T could want. Outfits and accessories galore. Unfortunately, one would need to make diva dollars to shop there on a regular basis. T was shocked to discover that her $20 was not going to go very far. She decided on a cute pair of earrings and a necklace.

I kept looking at everything thinking ,"even I could make that"! So today I woke with a bee in my bonnet and headed off to the fabric store. I came home with this.

All fabrics for $1 to $2 a yard. Then I got busy making this skirt...



And this vest....


Both which were remakes of stuff we saw last night. Let be clear, I am no seamstress. No one ever taught me to sew. I just decided to get a little inexpensive machine and go for it. There are no patterns when I sew and lots of trail and error. But in the end I was so very pleased. I cannot wait to tackle that mountain of fabric in coming weeks and make more clothes for Miss Priss. I have so many ideas floating around in my head!

No comments: