Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bonjour Petite Amies


Happy New Year all. We have spent the day unwinding from a late night and doing my most favoritess of things...absolutely nothing. All this down time lends itself well to day dreaming and creativity. T was up first and had already composed and illustrated an entire book by the time I awoke. It is entitled, If You Were In My World. My favorite page says: "Instead of a schoolbus, there would be a unicorn with wings". Ahhh, girls and their dreams:)
I spent the day catching up on favorite blogs, clipping inspiration from a year's worth of Home Companion magazines, and dreaming up projects of my own. After reading this post on soulemama's blog I was inspired to drag out some of my favorite aprons and create a spot for them. I am tres content with the results. Tres jolie, n'est pas?



When we took down the Christmas decorations in the living room I decided it was time to freshen up some of the wee vignettes. Below is the mantle a la New Year. These are a few of my favorite things, central to room to produce maximum happiness.



I love birds.


And this is the revised piano top. The portrait is oil pastel of my mother as a child.



Much to my good friend Jocy's delight I am sure, I finally finished reading The Shack. There has been so much buzz about this book and I was just not impressed when I first sat down to read. However, once I got into the book I was mesmerized and could not stop reading. Now I understand what all the hooplah is about. If you have not read it, you really should. Just be sure and read the prologue before beginning. It makes much more sense if you do:)
And finally mon petite amies I would like to leave you with a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Dream beautiful things this year!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

you have a beautiful home! the photo of the aprons is just wonderful :)