- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- lightly grease muffin tins or line with cupcake papers
- 2 cups flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used buttermilk but sometimes I use sour cream)
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 TBSP of real butter
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 1 to 2 tsp cinnamon (I just eyeballed it)
- 1 to 1 1/2 peeled, chopped apple
Mix first four dry ingredients. Cream butter and sugar together. Fold into dry mixture. Add eggs and milk and blend. Add remaining spices and fruit. Stir until just blended. Fill muffin cups almost to top. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until fork comes out clean. Enjoy!
Like I said this is a basic muffin recipe. You can delete and add spices and fruit to your liking. I like to make them with blueberries when they are in season.