Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Soup's On!

I love it when I discover a new recipe that I want to make over and over. This is my new favorite recipe. It is warm, yummy, goodness in a bowl. I discovered this recipe when I purchased this book. I needed to plan some meals ahead for those busy months I would be in school. I have been very pleased overall with how all the recipes we have tried have tasted. However, THIS recipe is my most favorite.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-2 T. oil for sauteing
  • 2 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
  • 5 oz. can RO*TEL tomatoes
  • 1 - 14oz. beef broth
  • 1 - 14oz chicken broth
  • 1 - 10oz can tomato soup
  • 1 1/2 cans of water (use soup can)
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
  • 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce

Toppings (optional)

  • grated cheese
  • corn tortillas cut in strips and fried in hot oil or corn tortilla chips
  • avocado
  • sour cream
  • diced tomatoes
  • chopped fresh cilantro

Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 35 minutes.

Yummmmmmmmmmmm! Enjoy.


No comments: