Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Who knew laundry could be so sexy?


Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Philippians 2.3-4


What's this you ask? Well, my friends let me tell you. This is the sight of three, count em, THREE empty laundry baskets. I have never seen them this way as I am wholly incapable of having all the laundry clean and put away at any given time. In fact, I would argue, I am one of the worst laundresses on the planet. I had no idea of my inadequacies until I went away to college and my roommate enlightened me in the ways of wash. Who knew there was more to it than cramming things in the machine at random, selecting cold water, and dumping in some soap?

But I digress, the reason I have this beautiful picture of THREE, count em THREE, empty laundry baskets is in thanks to my husband. My darling husband, the servant of all servants, used his time off to magically make all the dirty clothes disappear. He was not asked, cajoled, or even threatened. He just saw the need and did it for the family. Talk about taking one for the team.

So thank you dear husband for leading through serving. I will follow you wherever we may go!

No comments: